Have you ever struggled in your life? Have you ever done something that you immediately regretted? Have you struggled with a particular sin or temptation over and over again? Are you trying to make positive changes in your life but you just seem to come up short every time?
We all have made stupid decisions that have cost us time, money, and maybe even relationships. Often we make the same mistakes over and over again.
We seem to have the same fights with our spouse time and time again.
We continue to make charges on our credit card knowing that we will be unable to pay it off at the end of the month. We go further and further into debt.
We become a victim of the same sins and temptations over and over again.
Often we know better, but we still make these same sinful decisions. How do we do we break out of the rut? How do we get free from the sins that plague us? How can we honor God if we continue to make stupid decision after stupid decision in our lives?
We think the solution is for us to try harder or become more disciplined. However, the battle does not begin with our actions but instead in our minds. Our minds are the control towers of our lives. What we think about is what we believe and what we believe is what we eventually become.
This Sunday we are talking about the mind. We are asking God to reset our minds this Sunday so that we can live for Him fully.
To reset your life you must first reset your mind.
Join us this Sunday as we discuss how to reset our minds and look at Romans 12:1-2
Reset My Mind from Church at the Grove on Vimeo.
My Heart is Full…
God is up to something at Church at the Grove!
I am so thankful for Church at the Grove Social Circle and all that God is doing in and through our church. Below are five things I am really excited about.
- The past Sunday was incredible! Over the past couple of weeks we have asked you to invite your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to join you for our grand opening service, and this past week you not only invited but people showed up!! It was so great having a full room and having to put out additional chairs! #FoundPeopleFindPeople
- Even more important than the size of the crowd, we saw THREE people turn to follow Jesus on Sunday! They saw that they were dead and needed to be made alive!! – Ephesians 2:1-9 #GrowingPeopleChange
- After church we had our first of many church-wide fellowship lunches. It was so great having everyone stay after and enjoy each other’s company! It is truly a joy to be part of a church that genuinely loves each other. #YouCan’tDoLifeAlone
- On Tuesday, we were able to host the Social Circle Merchant Coffee in our new facility. Not only did we have a number of volunteers come out and help serve but we were also able to welcome business and community leaders into our church. It is so great having a facility where we can do ministry at throughout the week! #SavedPeopleServePeople
- We recently finished our series, “How to Be Rich” and since concluding that series we have seen a number of people take steps to honor God in their finances and giving. The past couple of weeks we have seen some of our best giving yet! This generosity is allowing up to reach people far from God and lead them to become followers of Jesus. #YouCan’tOutGiveGod
God is truly up to something incredible at Church at the Grove Social Circle Campus and I truly believe that the Best is Yet to Come!!
This past weekend was incredible! It has to be one of my most favorite weekends ever!! Here are five reason why my weekend was so great:
1. I know this will not be popular but I am pumped up that the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets are 5-0!! Not only are they undefeated but we are now ranked #22, that hasn’t happened in several years!!
2. Saturday was the 20th Annual Social Circle Friendship Festival. Not only did I get to go to the festival but Church at the Grove had the opportunity serve. We provided dozens of volunteers and were able to make a huge impact on our community. Always blesses me to see fellow Grovers getting their hands dirty doing community ministry!! I get to serve the greatest little city in Georgia alongside some of the best people you could ever hope to meet!
3. Fall Weather. Here in Georgia we are still trying to recover from the summer, so when cooler weather moves in we all get excited! We had greatest weather weekend – highs in the low 60’s and lots of sun!! Love it!
4. Sunday morning at Church at the Grove Social Circle Campus was incredible! Seriously probably my favorite Sunday in the history of our campus. Huge crowd! Powerful Testimony! Lives Changed!
5. Celebrating my grand-mom’s 81st birthday with my extended family, some of which I have not seen in several years. Love my grand-mom!
As great as this past weekend was I am looking forward to this upcoming weekend. This weekend I hope to see 6-0 Jackets and I know that we are going to have another powerful morning at the Grove! Don’t miss out on what God is doing through Church at the Grove.
How was your weekend? Comment below?
If you know me than you know that I am a techie. I am always staying up to date on the newest technological devices and I am always willing to try something new.
Last year Katelyn and I decided that we would try a new form of banking and try to do a better job tracking our finances. The company is called Simple, and I LOVE what they do! Simple is banking for the modern world.
Simple is a completely online bank and they have no brick and mortar stores. Now for some this is a turn off, but if you really think about it, how often do you go to your bank now? Some might say they go to deposit a check, with Simple you can take a picture of your check and within seconds your deposit is made. Some say that they like a traditional bank because they get to know the bank employees and can refer to them if they have any questions. Simple has one of the best customer service departments that I have ever experienced. You can call (and talk to a HUMAN!) or text questions through your mobile app.
Simple takes banking to another level! They have a very user friendly system that allows their customers to set money goals, plan for upcoming expenses, track where their money is going, and you ALWAYS know how much money you have in your account that is “safe-to-spend.” There are NO overdraft, minimum, or monthly fees! Need money out of an ATM? Simple has a partnership with over 55,000 ATM’s in their network.
Take a look at this video and hopefully it will better explain their product. If you are looking for a new bank or maybe a new way to organize your finances maybe Simple is the product for you. Banking shouldn’t be difficult, it should be simple.
Simple has changed the way that Katelyn and I manage our finances and because of this system we have been able to save, manage, and give more money than ever before.
As of this writing I believe you have to be invited to join Simple. If you would like an invite comment below with your e-mail address and I will send you an invite (Only 9 available).
Click Here for a video from the CEO explaining the product.
Yesterday, I shared my heart with our church on the importance of living a generous life. I honestly believe that this is one of the most important messages I have ever preached mainly because I believe that the way the enemy attacks us the most is in our financial lives. Watch the video above and hear how God has taught me to be generous over the past 10 years.
I am so excited about what God is doing at Church at the Grove! Here are 5 reasons why I am excited:
- Salvations! Over the past couple of weeks we have had several people turn to follow Jesus for the first time! It is always exciting to see people pass from death to lifet!! This is what we are all about at Church at the Grove!
- Baptism! How great was it seeing Clay Boggs get baptized this past Sunday! I love it when anyone gets baptized but there is something special about a grown man telling the world how Jesus has changed his life! If you missed the service you can watch it by clicking here – Clean Slate, part 1
- Guests, Guests, and more Guests! Over the past month we have seen a surge in the number of guest that have shown up at our Sunday morning gathering. So exciting to see new people connecting to God and to the church!
- New Volunteers! This past Sunday we had several new people jump in and commit to help serve at Church at the Grove! Remember saved people serve people, if you aren’t serving, START NOW!
- Coffee and Doughnuts! Sounds silly but I am excited about our new hospitality area on Sunday mornings! A warm cup of coffee and a chocolate doughnut, doesn’t get much better than that!
I am excited about what happened this past Sunday but I am even more excited about what God is going to do this Sunday as we continue our series, Clean Slate! I believe a lot of people are going to be set free this Sunday.
(FYI – There are 15 exclamation points in this post #lotsofexcitement)
When I grew up I loved playing kickball and baseball with some of my neighborhood friends. We had a blast playing outside until the ball was no longer visible because of the dark. Many times when we were playing there were no referees so we would have to use our best judgement on weather someone was safe or out. Many times because we were unable to come up with an unanimous call we would have to settle with a “do-over.” A do-over is simply when you got to do the play again and act as if the previous play never happened. In golf it is called a mulligan. In acting it is called a take.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have a do-over in life? A fresh start? A new beginning?
It seems like every time we begin a new year we hear a lot of talk about fresh starts and new beginnings but the same habits that we dealt with the previous year seem to follow us into the new year. What if you could have a clean slate? What if you could have a do-over in life?
Maybe you would change a decision that you made in your marriage, or the way that you raised your kids, or maybe you would change the way that you handled a business decision. We all have things that we wish we could go back in time and change. But is that even possible? Watch the above video to see if it is possible for you to have a fresh start, a new beginning, a clean slate.